The “Thank You in Harmony” concert was a huge success!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for this wonderful night of music. It was such a privilege to be able to gather together and enjoy a live musical performance.
Our event was filled with many special Thank Yous:
– The Ontario Trillium Foundation for awarding us a $43,600 grant through the OTF Resilient Communities Fund. The majority of this money went toward purchasing new percussion instruments which were proudly on display during our concert.
- Our local MPP for Dufferin-Caledon, Sylvia Jones, was present and spoke to the great work of the OTF and the pleasure of being able to support the Orangeville Community Band.
– The Salvation Army New Hope Community Church has been providing us with a fantastic rehearsal space (when appropriate) over the past few challenging years. Our gratitude for their support cannot be expressed enough.
- Roger Barrow, the church’s pastor, was able to speak to the beautiful partnership we have been developing over the past few years
- The OCB was honoured to be able to support the Salvation Army’s food bank by requesting food donations as admission for the “Thank You in Harmony” concert.
– Dufferin County also got a special acknowledgement. Not only for being the beautiful place that we are so lucky to call home, but also because the OCB was awarded a $1000 grant through the Dufferin Community Grant Program. This money went primarily to purchasing new sheet music – most of which was played and enjoyed during our concert.
Our musical program included many other special thank yous: the audience joined us in creating the breathtaking sound-effects for our performance of “Heal” a song dedicated to healthcare providers that have been working so tirelessly over the past few years. “Protect and Serve” had pealing trumpet lines and fancy finger-work to honour those in protective services such as our police officers, firefighters, and military.
We finished the evening with “Choose Joy” a fast-paced and uplifting number, encouraging us all to choose joy for our own health and wellbeing.
A HUGE thank you to our audience. You were enthusiastic and we fed off your energy. We are so appreciative of all of you that came out.
Our hearts are full of gratitude.